Here are some important prepositions for giving directions:
Here you can see some vocabulary about the parts of the city:
There are some phrases you can use when you need to ask for directions...
For Example:
Excuse me, where is the_________?
Excuse me, how do I get to_________?
Excuse me, is there a ______ near here?
How do I get to_______?
What's the way to_______?
Where is _____ located?
How could I get to________?What's the easiest way to get to_______?
Here, there is some vocabulary you may use when giving a direction...
Go straight
Go straight on Main street.

Turn left
Turn left on the supermarket.

Turn right
Turn right on the next corner.

Go past
Go past the cinema and you'll find the library.

Cross
If you cross the street, you'll find a bookstore there!
Go along
Go along the main road until you find the gas station.
Around the corner.
The museum is just around the corner.
Between
You can find the coffee shop between the office building and the movie theater.
Behind
There's a nice park behind the parking lot.
Turn back / Go back
If you get to the bridge, you went too far, you'll have to turn back.
Go down
Go down the hill and you'll find the entrance to the park.
Go over
To get to the building, you have to go over the walkway.
Go through
Take a shortcut to the school going through the park.
Go up
Go up the hill and you'll find the bus stop.
In front of
The market is in front of the City Hall.
Beside
My school is beside a small park.
Near
I live near the forest.
So....
If you know the way…
The easiest way is to…
The quickest way is to…
The best way is to…
go + direction (right, left, down, up, through, straight)
take + road name
turn + right/left / make a right/left
stay on + road name + for + distance or time
Examples:
The easiest way is to go right on Commercial Avenue.
The quickest way is to take Road Number 1.
The best way is to turn right on Main Street.
Stay on Route 1 for about ten minutes.
Use transitions
after that
then
next
when you get to…go…
finally
Use landmarks
Tell the person what to watch for.
You will see a large clock on the right.
You will pass a gas station.
It’s across from the blue church.
More useful language
It’s on + street name
It’s across from
It’s opposite
It’s near
It’s around the corner from
If you don’t know the way…
I’m sorry, I’m not from here.
I’m afraid I can’t help you.
Sorry I don’t know my way around here.
Here a video with examples about how to give directions...
So....
If you know the way…
The easiest way is to…
The quickest way is to…
The best way is to…
go + direction (right, left, down, up, through, straight)
take + road name
turn + right/left / make a right/left
stay on + road name + for + distance or time
Examples:
The easiest way is to go right on Commercial Avenue.
The quickest way is to take Road Number 1.
The best way is to turn right on Main Street.
Stay on Route 1 for about ten minutes.
Use transitions
after that
then
next
when you get to…go…
finally
Use landmarks
Tell the person what to watch for.
You will see a large clock on the right.
You will pass a gas station.
It’s across from the blue church.
More useful language
It’s on + street name
It’s across from
It’s opposite
It’s near
It’s around the corner from
If you don’t know the way…
I’m sorry, I’m not from here.
I’m afraid I can’t help you.
Sorry I don’t know my way around here.
Here a video with examples about how to give directions...


No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario